Sunday 10 February 2013

Wood Textures.

After this weeks tutorial I began to look at textures of wood to use in my digital designs for furnishings and fabric and take pictures for visual research.The reason why I am doing this is because in the 1960's a lot of wood was used for the interiors of the 1960's and for my exhibition the layout is based on a dining room area from that era.  With the images I have collected I am going to experiment by firstly creating some prints from the images by using lino printing and mono printing, the images I have made by using these techniques will then be used to create an effect on the background of the fabric or wallpaper for samples. After experimenting with printing, using the images from my visual research of wood, I am going to transfer them in Photoshop to place into the shapes of furniture that I have been drawing the previous four weeks. Hopefully by creating these samples it will give me an idea of what type of design to use for the wallpaper and the furnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment