Tuesday 26 February 2013

Market Research for Ikea.

Yesterday i visited Ikea to see what type of style for ceramics and furnishings is out in the market for this season. I found alot of flower prints were on the furnishings and also came across an interior based on geometric shapes. The ceramics i found in Ikea all had different design layouts and has inspired me to create my ceramics with a simular design layout. Overall my products wouldnt fit in with the market of Ikea as Ikea keeps to plain and simple designs with the few odd pieces that stand out. Below are a few images of pieces that inspired me or was simular to my work i want to produce for the exhibition.
Geometric Inspired room.



Geometric pattern for a chair.
Flower pattern for a chair.


Simular block patterns that i am currently using in my work.

Inspired by the design layout , spreading diagonally across the plate.

                                               This is a design for a bowl. Inspired by how it is laid out just in the centre going straight down.

Ceramic set collection .

Patterned material to upholster chairs with. The flower pattern used in this design is quite simular to my flower patterns that are created in illustrator.

Simualr design as i am working with at the moment with my vintage pop art furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment